HOW WE CAN ALL BE ALL-IN.
The threat of sexual violence affects every one of us–every adult and child regardless of gender and sexual orientation. That’s why you, and all of us, need to participate and be ALL IN to OUT sexual violence in Connecticut.
12 ways to go ALL-IN:
- Share our 24/7 free and confidential hotlines with the people in your life.
- Follow us and share our website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about services and to share and receive updates.
- Reach out to survivors and check in and offer your unconditional support
- Take the opportunity to teach your children about consent. Some easy tips for any age can be found here.
- Become a critical consumer of media while you’re getting in extra screen time. The next time you see sexism, racism, homophobia, ableism or any of the other bias that allow sexual violence to thrive in our society, stop and have a conversation about it.
- Commit yourself to helping to prevent sexual violence. As we witness global community-based prevention efforts in response to a pandemic, get inspired by the possibilities of preventing sexual violence through shared responsibility and community accountability.
- Engage in conversations about the harm that sexual violence causes with people you know.
- Speak up if you hear someone make a joke about sexual violence or make a comment that blames a victim for their experience of sexual violence.
- Intervene in a safe way if you see questionable or problematic behavior. Find Bystander Intervention tips here.
- Participate in a training about preventing sexual violence. Visit https://endsexualviolencect.org/coming-up/ to view upcoming trainings
- Volunteer for an anti-sexual violence organization or sexual assault crisis services center. Scroll down to find your nearest member center and contact for volunteer opportunities.
- Donate funds. Individual and organizational donations are used to support sexual assault victims and their loved ones across Connecticut through victim services, community education, and public policy advocacy. The Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so all donations are fully tax-deductible.